Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012

This past week was definitely an "experience" to say the least. With constituents calling everyday about the SOPA and PIPA bills we had our hands full in the office. After many constituents from many other districts we see that online censorship bills are at a dead point for the congressmen and congresswomen. It was also a relief to hear that the people who have been working for Congressman Ross since the very beginning are also still "getting the hang of things" like myself. For those of you that plan on interning for a congressional office know that the legislative analysts are some of the brightest people you will meet on capitol hill, and since you would be working along side of them they are also the easiest to learn from. Today I had the opportunity to skype with one of Dr. Anderson's class again, and even though the sound didn't work too well it was a blessing in disguise because the class couldn't hammer me with multiple policy questions. This Tuesday coming up is the State of the Union Address and I'm not entirely sure what the chances of me being anywhere close to the event will be but I will be sure to have details from that in the next blog post. One thing that I have found rewarding during this internship is the chance to meet some constituents and guide them through a tour of the capitol, the appreciation they show for the tour makes my job so much more enjoyable than it already is. I apologize for jumping all over the place and cutting this post so short, but I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Now if you'll excuse me I have my own weekend that I need to enjoy as well. Until next time....
Thank you and God bless,

Gage Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment